Sheet Pan Greek Shrimp and cast iron crispy rice – because loaded shrimp are just better. And, what makes it even more awesome, it’s a sheet pan meal! Y’all know how I feel about a one pan meal. However, if you pair this with some crispy rice, you’ll need a cast iron skillet, too; but, it is totally worth it (trust me)! See the golden brown and delicious toasty rice below….
The creamy feta mixed with the briny calamata olives and the sweet succulent shrimp is by far my favorite combo. Good-quality olives really make a difference in this dish.
This dish is also filled with pantry staples. You will often find canned tomatoes, olives, and dried spices in my cupboards. Things like garlic, onions, and lemons are frequent flyers on my shopping lists. I know that it’s hard sometimes going to the grocery store and crossing off everything on your list.
Don’t be afraid to swap out different items… For example, no calamata olives but you have green ones – swap them! If you have dill but no parsley – swap them! If you have a dried herb blend – use it! Don’t stress out too much about the fine details.
A half sheet pan is pretty important for this recipe. A full sheet pan is just too big and you run the risk of burning something. However, if you’re doubling the recipe, a large sheet pan will work just fine. If you don’t have a half sheet pan, use an oven-proof skillet and follow the same steps. It will turn out perfectly.
My favorite half sheet pan is one from Pampered Chef. I’ve attached the link here in case you’re in the market for a new one (wink wink). It cleans up really nicely and nothing ever sticks to it… my kind of sheet pan!
Sheet Pan Greek Shrimp
- Half Sheet Pan
- 1 lb Large Shrimp Cleaned with Tail – Thawed
- 1 Med Onion Diced
- 4 Cloves Garlic Minced
- 1 Can (14oz) Fire Roasted Diced Tomatoes
- ½ tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- ⅓ Cup Feta Cheese divided
- ½ tsp Dried Oregano
- ½ Cup Calamata Olives Pitted
- 2 tbls Fresh Parsley + Whole Leaves to Serve
- 1 Lemon Juice and Zest
- Salt and Pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400°
- Marinate the shrimp by mixing together the oil, lemon zest, garlic, half the parsley, oregano, and ½tsp each of salt and pepper. Add the shrimp and let sit for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, on a half sheet pan, stir together the canned tomatoes, remaining parsley, red pepper flakes, olives, onion, and ½tsp each of salt and pepper.
- Nestle the shrimp in the tomato mixture, along with the marinate. Crumble ½ of the feta cheese on top and bake for 12 minutes.
- Broil for 2 minutes so the shrimp get nice and crispy around the edges.
- Top with remaining feta, parsley leaves, and a squeeze of lemon. Serve with some cripspy rice.
Add this recipe to your quarantine line-up. The simplicity and quickness of how this Sheet Pan Greek Shrimp comes together, makes it all worth it. Plus, it is on the healthier side of the recipe box!
Don’t forget to tag me on social media so we can cook together. #TheHangryDiaries #GetHangry